Villa Domani is situated in the peaceful village of Calenzana, Corsica offering accommodation for up to 5 guests.
Situated within easy reach of Calvi, the chic Mediterranean port town, Calenzana is ideally situated to explore this beautiful island. The villa is a stone’s throw from the village centre with it’s bakeries, cafe’s, restaurants, and there is also a small Spar shop and petrol station. Car hire is recommended if you wish to explore the island fully and can be arranged at Calvi or Bastia airport on arrival.
This comfortable villa offers guests plenty of space to relax and unwind in the Corsican sun with an enclosed garden and patio area. Pick your own lemons from the orchard to accompany a G&T at sundown, and watch as the setting sun turn the rocks of the surrounding mountains red. The garden is a haven for wildlife, keep an eye out for gecko’s warming themselves in the sun.
Fully airconditioned, with a log burner for winter evenings it is a perfect villa for holidays all year round. The property offers a well equipped kitchen and large dining table. There are three well proportioned bedrooms, one double, one twin and single sofa bed, and two family bathrooms. All windows have shutters to help with cooling during hot summer nights, and with warmth in winter. The patio boasts a feu de bois (barbeque), but please be aware, due to high risk of wildfires this will not be available during certain times of the year, and breaking the strictly enforced laws WILL result in large fines, for which guests will be liable.
- TV Dvd
- Washing Machine and Tumble dryer
- Fridge Freezer
- Log Burner
- Air Conditioning
- Easy walking distance from shops, good choice of restaurants and cafes
- Several beaches within 10 minute drive
- Car Hire recommended
Calenzana is the starting point for the World famous GR20, one of Europe’s toughest hiking routes. Stretching over the vast mountain ranges of central Corsica and providing some of the most dramatic scenery the island has to offer, this route is 170km long, stretching from Calenzana in the north to Conca in the south. The full trek can take up to two weeks to complete, but you can have a taste without venturing far from the comfort of your villa.
Roger’s Tips :-
Things to do and see…
- Calvi’s chic harbour front, Citadel and boutiques
- Sandy beaches of the Balagne coast
- Outdoor musical concerts in the summer months in the village centre
- Mountains and forests of the interior
- Boat rides to the UNESCO heritage coast of Scandola and remote seaside village of Girolata
- Starting point of the GR20 and the Mare e Monte and Mare a Mare hiking routes
- Several local vineyards and artisan producers of Corsican cheese and charcuterie. Calenzana is on the Route Artisan with several local producers offering local produce.
- Ideal base to explore further inland such as Corte, Castaniccia and Restonica valleys or drive the circular route over Evisa and return via Porto and the coast.
How to get there
- Direct flights to Calvi available during high season from main UK airports
- Low season may require change at Nice or Marseille
- Ferries available from most major Mediterranean ports direct to Calvi or Isle Rousse.