Our Noirmont apartment has two bedrooms, a double and a twin on the mezzanine and a downstairs shower room. Open plan lounge/diner with well equipped kitchen. There are panoramic views across a wide valley to Les Rousses Lake, in a location known for its Alpine wild flower meadows.
- TV and DVD
- Washing machine
- Log Burning stove
- Central heating
- No Wifi
- Stunning views
- Small Barbeque and outdoor garden
- Price £450 – £750 per week
Our apartment is situated in Le Noirmont , close to the Swiss border and is literally on the ski slopes. It was originally a bar and restaurant catering for the passing skiers and converted into apartments in the late 80’s. Nearby Les Rousses has numerous restaurants, bars, supermarkets, banks and varied shops with a market on Friday mornings.
Activities in the area include walking nature trails into Switzerland, Golf (two 18 hole courses within sight of the apartment), exceptional Nordic skiing ( home of the Trans Jurassienne competition) and limited downhill skiing from your door (snow permitting!) Choice of other ski lifts and linked ski areas within 15 mins by car or regular ski bus service. All equipment available for hire in Les Rousses. Summer activities include swimming, sailing and canoeing on the lake, fishing, archery, golf, horse riding, mountain biking, cycling and stunning mountain and forest walks. For More information please follow the link below to the Les Rousses Tourist Office :-
Fort Les Rousses offers adventure playground and rope course as well as cheese making museum which is well worth a visit! Within 40 minutes of the city of Geneva by car, also the local mountain train links between La Cure and Nyon which is on Lake Leman. The area is also known for various dairy products made by the regional farms, and local vineyards producing Jura’s famous Vin Jaune.
The Noirmont Mountain above the apartment has several ski lifts with ideal pistes for beginners and intermediates. Situated at a height of 1090m rising to 1547m altitude Snow can not be guaranteed although there are snow making facilities on some of the local ski areas. Larger resorts such as Ports du Soleil or Hirmentaz are within an 90 minute drive for those who want a day on a wider range of slopes. The tree line behind the apartment itself is the Swiss border and its well worth a hike to the top to see the breath taking views of the Alps and surrounding Jura Mountains. https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/jura/les-rousses/ski-resort.html
However, you may not be alone….. The mountain range that includes Noirmont is part of special nature reserve where the very rare Lynx has been released. With the abundance of wildlife on the mountain including mountain hares, Chamois and deer the area is the ideal natural habitat for the lynx and also the occasional wolf.
In summer the pistes of Noirmont are occupied by herds of Montbelliard cattle, bells clinking away whilst grazing on the lush alpine pastures. The milk they produce is used for the local speciality Comte cheese. Sheep also graze the upper pastures and are herded by a shepherd and his dogs in the traditional style.
The region of Haut Jura is still relatively unknown and unspoilt and well worth finding and exploring !
Roger’s Tips :-
Things to do in the Winter ……
- Nordic and Downhill skiing
- Snow shoe walking or sledging
- Explore the local artisnal cheese producers
- Close to major Ski Resorts such as Morzine and Hirmentaz if the snow is patchy.
- Ski Joring ( water skiing on snow but behind a horse ! )
- Explore the many lakes and walk the forest trails
- Explore Eastern France or Switzerland *
- * dont forget you may need some Swiss Currency if your exploring over the frontier.
Eating Out …..
- There are many local restaurants in Les Rousses and surrounding villages of La Cure, Bois d’amont and Lamoura. These range from traditional Jurassien Cuisine such as Fondue or Bakestone and local cheese based dishes to a Chinese restaurant and take away pizza’s . Le Chamois hotel and restaurant is on the doorstep and within walking distance !
Things to do in the Summer …..
- Swim in the Lake ( life guard supervision in place )
- Fishing, Canoeing, Sailing
- Walk to the top of Noirmont to see the spectacular views.
- Cable car up to Mont Rond
- Luge on Mont Rond
- Explore the many lakes and walk the forest trails.
- Horse riding nearby. Full days riding available including picnics.
- Play Golf on the two 18 hole golf courses within a mile of the apartment.
How to get there…..
- Cheap flights available to Geneva Airport which is 40 mins away
- Car Hire available at the airport
- Train connection available at the airport to Nyon then change for the La Cure mountain railway.
- 7 hour drive from Calais.