Your privacy is critically important to us. At Rogers- Retreats.com , we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our websites (including foelholidays.wales and Rogers-retreats.com);
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, to comply with Government regulations such as the Track and Trace requirements or to make our Services better.
We collect this information from two sources: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your booking account. For example, names and address’s’ of all guests
- Payment and contact information: If you choose to stay with us, we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. You may also provide us with financial details to set up a payments integration, like the email address for your PayPal account or your bank account information.
- Communications with us : You may also provide us with information when you communicate with us or have any queries or post a question on our social media pages. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications for our own business use.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
- Information provided by you when interacting via social media such as contact names and photo’s.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your booking account, provide customer service, process payments and bookings.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety ( track and trace) , and improve our Services. For example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our guests will enjoy or will make their stay more enjoyable
- To customize the user experience. For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications and information for our Services .
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on Rogers-Retreats.com texting or calling you to verify your payment; If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your stay.)
How We Share Information
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
- Third-party vendors: We may share limited information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you . This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you ( payment providers that process your credit and debit card information,
- Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to any governmental request eg track and trace details as per Covid19 regulations.
- To protect rights, property, and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Rogers- Retreats.com , third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency services without delay.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is — you guessed it — disclosed publicly.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share publicly.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we try to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information.
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
In the UK European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Contacting Us About These Rights
If you wish us to remove all our information we have on our database that we may use for contact and billing reasons please get in touch via email or by post .
You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorization. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
How to Reach Us
Using Our Website Links
That’s it! Thanks for reading.